Welcome to Elementary Faith Formation
GRADES 1 - 5 FAITH FORMATION
Welcome to the St. Thomas More Parish Elementary Faith Formation Program.
Volunteer catechists and classroom assistants will be using a new book series to teach the basic doctrine of our faith, following the Green Bay Diocesan Faith Formation curriculum.
Throughout the year the children have many faith-filled experiences. These experiences include liturgical celebrations (Mass), prayer services, Family Faith Events (formerly called G.O.D. events) and more.
Parent involvement is very important in the faith development of children. Here are just some of the ways parents can share their faith with their children:
1. Daily prayer
2. Reviewing the weekly lessons from the textbook
3. Assistance in the memorization of our traditional Catholic prayers
4. Weekly mass attendance.
5. Volunteering to be a weekly catechist or assistant.
* First Reconciliation preparation takes place in the second grade beginning in September with the reception of the sacrament in November.
* First Communion preparation takes place in second grade beginning in January with the reception of the sacrament in late-April or early May.